Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of degree do I need to teach?
VIP Kid requires that teachers have at least a Bachelor's Degree.
What is the entire sign up process like?
1. Fill out an application online with basic information so that VIPKid can screen for teaching experience and requirements.
2. VIPKid will conduct a one on one interview or you can submit a recorded interview. This will be a 30 minute session (live or pre-recorded) where you showcase your teaching skills for evaluation.
3. Training session to learn about the VIPKid platform, standards, and curriculum.
4. Teach a full-length 'mock class' live in front of a VIPKid teacher.
5. Sign your contract, upload documents and complete a background check.
6. You are now ready to start booking classes in your VIPKid portal and start teaching!
Will I be under a long term contract?
VIPKid requires a 6-month commitment from teachers. These contracts can be renewed or terminated every 6 months.
What kind of computer and equipment do I need?
You must have a desktop computer, laptop, Mac, or Surface device with a high definition external or integrated camera and a headset with a quality microphone.
Your device, at minimum, must have an operating system of Windows7, or Mac OS 10.x, with at least 4GB RAM, and an internet connection of at least 20 Mbps.
You will also want to make sure you are up to date on the latest version of Flash, using at least Chrome Version 51 or Firefox Version 47.
If you have any questions, need advice, or would like to know more about the interview process, etc. Feel free to contact me at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.